Playing the $1500 Big O tourney today. Starting stacks are 25k, and the levels are 40 minutes. Let’s try to find a bag today. FYI, using a slightly different system to update today. Let’s see if this formats a little better.
Level 1
As I expected, this is a splashy table. Raised with AKQJ2 ds and got four callers. Had to fold on A46 flop when there was heavy action.
Level 2
Haven’t won a hand yet, but I haven’t had much to play. Let’s see if we can win one this level.
Finally win one. Pick up AAK23 in the SB. Folded to me. I raise and get a walk. Womp womp.
Get it all in against a short stack with nut low and top set. He rivers a wheel to scoop. Next hand I win a smallish pot to get some back. Sitting at about 20k.
Level 3
Still can’t drag a pot of any size. Flop a wheel wrap and miss down to about 11k. Not crippled, but I don’t have much wiggle room left.
10.4k at the break.
Level 4
Treading water around 10k. Body odor guy has decided he’s the dealer, and it’s driving the actual dealer crazy. Me too. Although the dealers aren’t very good, the constant arguing slows everything to a crawl.
Finally win a hand. Get it in terrible with a wrap and a low draw against a set and a better low and spike a 2 for a wheel. Get a full double there. Then drag a second pot in a row with top two pair. Back up over 25k!
Missed a couple of big draws. Down to about 19k.
Level 5
Action starting to ramp up as the blinds increase. Seeing some eliminations. I’m bouncing back and forth between 25k and 20k.
I get an all in bluff through with a sabotaged nut low. Up to 30k.
Level 6
Lose a small one when the board runs out with 222 counterfeiting my two pair. Down to about 26.5k.
Paying blinds and running cold again. Down to 22.8k. Then I play one that gets checked all the way down, and I win with just JJ. Up to 28k.
Fold nut low to 2 all ins. Would’ve only gotten ⅙. Sitting at about 24k.
Heading to the break right at 25k.
Level 7
I 3! with AAQ53 and get no callers. Up to 29k.
Just realized Marcel Luske is sitting at the table behind me.
Call a 3! with AAQQT ds. Flop is all low cards and rainbow, and I have to fold to the 3 betters shove. 19k
Level 8
My M is down to about 8. Not crippled yet, but I need to make a move soon. Going to have to start moving in the right direction, or the blinds are going to chew me up.
Bluffed my way to a small pot and then chopped a pot when I was on the bb. I’m at 24k.
Rebuy period ends in about 80 mins. If last night is any indication, we’ll hit the money during level 15.
Level 9
Crippled. All the money goes in on the turn on a T987 board with two spades. I have AQJ32 with nut spades. He shows KQJJ6. I need to fade one of the 3 non-spade Q or J. Any spade any andI scoop. Any low card and J quarter him.
River is a Qc. I have 500 chips left. I’m out two hands later.
So, not much I could do about that one. Got my money in good. Back in action tomorrow

No comments:
Post a Comment